Blood Pressure Screening Service
Patients eligible for this service:
- If you are aged 40 years or older and you do not currently have a diagnosis of hypertension.
- If you are under 40 and have a recognised family history of hypertension.*
- If you have been referred by your GP for the measurement of blood pressure.
This appointment will take approximately 10 minutes.
This service is available in England only.
Why get your blood pressure checked?
High blood pressure is often undetected.
- High blood pressure (also called hypertension), is a condition which can be controlled to reduce your risk of a heart attack, stroke or other cardiovascular disease.
- In the UK there are about five million adults who have high blood pressure without even knowing it, since high blood pressure itself rarely causes symptoms.
- The British Heart Foundation estimates that high blood pressure causes over 50% of heart attacks and strokes.
Complete the questionnaire to see if you're eligible for a free blood pressure check.