Protect yourself from the winter flu
Do you want to protect yourself from the winter flu?
Flu viruses can change each winter, so an annual flu vaccination can help to protect you. Being protected this year is very important as restrictions due to COVID-19 are eased.
You may be eligible for a free NHS vaccination if you are:
- Aged 65 years and over (including if you are 65 by 31 March 2023)
- Aged 50-64 years old and not in a clinical risk group, from 15th October 2022
- Suffering from chronic illnesses
- Living in a long stay residential care home
- A main carer for the elderly or disabled
- A healthcare worker
NHS England has confirmed that people aged between 50 and 64 will be eligible for the free flu vaccine in the 2022/23 flu season, but only from 15 October onwards. You can book an appointment now, but if your vaccine is administered before 15 October, you must pay for the vaccine.
If you are not eligible for a free flu vaccination, most people can still receive a flu jab through our private service?. Each vaccine is priced at £13.99.
Benefits of the service
Convenient: Get a flu jab at a time and place that works for you
Professional: Our pharmacies have private consultation rooms and fully trained staff
Flexible: Book your appointment online today or contact your nearest Cohens Pharmacy
Flu vaccine and coronavirus
Flu vaccination is important because:
- if you're at higher risk from coronavirus, you're also more at risk of problems from flu
- if you get flu and coronavirus at the same time, research shows you're more likely to be seriously ill
- it'll help to reduce pressure on the NHS and social care staff who may be dealing with coronavirus
If you've had COVID-19, it's safe to have the flu vaccine. It'll be effective at helping to prevent flu.